PDA

View Full Version : Necromancing?

whiskeylover
September 9th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Why was this thread locked? http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=130985

As I mentioned in a post in that thread that it is still relevant (all easter eggs still work on my computer.) Just because no posts were made in a few years did not make that thread irrelevant and outdated.

There was a thread discussing necromancy and one of the mods said that they close the threads on the individual basis, depending on how outdated the information is. I would like to know what was in this thread that made it so outdated that it had to be closed for necromancy.

Also, if every thread that was revived after a couple of years HAS to be closed, why don't you auto close the threads after a set period of time.

KiwiNZ
September 9th, 2010, 07:17 PM
It had been 2 years 4 months dormant. That is pretty much self explanatory, it was appropriate to close the thread.

whiskeylover
September 10th, 2010, 04:46 AM
I don't mean to waste your precious time with more questions, but don't you think the information in that thread was still application? Also, if time is the only factor in deciding whether to close the thread or not, why not autoclose the threads after a set period of time?

bodhi.zazen
September 10th, 2010, 08:48 PM
You raise good questions. The answer is we try to be as permissive as possible and we close threads at the judgment of the staff. Thus we do not have a policy to close all threads after some length of time.

There are many threads on so called Easter Eggs.

The thread in question has died off, and many of the Easter Eggs may or may not still be relevant.

IMO best to start a new thread on more recent Easter Eggs in more recent or updated applications.