Hi guys
U know, I wanna change my music library , from MP3 to AAC
and found a cool converter for that
and
I use gmusicbrowser for playing music exclusively , and I love it,:lolflag:
but I considered that it doesn't support aac format :(
I saw in this link, that an especial version do it :
http://forum.gmusicbrowser.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=9.0

So I downloaded this version enthusiastically.
but
playing acc files,it is still paralyzed.:-({|=
please revive my best music player by giving in handy offer.
fine thanks.

mc4man
September 6th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Don't use Gmusicbrowser, but considering it's a quick build tried the 1.1.5 ver.
If you wish aac (m4a, ect) playback it seems you need to enable either gstreamer or mplayer.
notice in 1st. screen gstreamer was grayed out, went back and reviewed the install file in source.
Installing libgstreamer-perl and maybe libgstreamer-interfaces-perl enabled gstreamer option.

Both gstreamer and mplayer will allow aac playback, though it doesn't seem to read the tags very well or at all for m4a's

(you may consider this player which is far better supported and enabled
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1380811

hyfanious
September 7th, 2010, 05:58 AM
you may consider this player which is far better supported and enabled
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1380811

Hey man How are U? Are U Music-player Father ?
U are really a hero,
your suggestion (Guayadeque) is really over the top,
Nice, Incredible, thaumaturgic, fantastic, she is really pretty, and I am besotted.
That is reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good
and
I am prod of U SIR, Cavalier Of best Suggestions.
and Now, I think , I must cheat gmusicbrower.
Be Happy All Over Ur Helpful Life.
fine Tanks.

hyfanious
September 7th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hi
Sir , I have an another problem, ratings are not saved in Guayadeque,
What should I do? :(

mc4man
September 7th, 2010, 08:00 PM
What should I do?
That thread I linked is VERY active - post in there and I'm sure you'll get taken care off one way or the other.

cascade9
September 7th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Hi guys
U know, I wanna change my music library , from MP3 to AAC
and found a cool converter for that

You know if you convert from MP3 to ACC the sound quality on your files will be at best slightly worse than the original MP3 file?

I dont know why you would want to move to ACC anyway. In these days of huge HDDs, a lossless codec is a better choice IMO. Flac or wavpack are the best of the lossless codecs, I use flac myself

hyfanious
September 8th, 2010, 12:22 PM
You know if you convert from MP3 to ACC the sound quality on your files will be at best slightly worse than the original MP3 file?

I dont know why you would want to move to ACC anyway. In these days of huge HDDs, a lossless codec is a better choice IMO. Flac or wavpack are the best of the lossless codecs, I use flac myself

Oh Only For My New Nentendo Dsi Xl, Unfortunately this device support only aac files , but, are u sure? I read that aac files have better quality than Mp3s :-k

cascade9
September 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Oh Only For My New Nentendo Dsi Xl, Unfortunately this device support only aac files , but, are u sure? I read that aac files have better quality than Mp3s :-k

Yes, I'm sure.

A sound file can never sound better than the source, so if you convert from MP3 then it will always have the limitations of the original MP3 file.

As why it could sound 'worse'- AAC (and MP3) are 'lossy' codecs, meaning that some of the data originally present has been removed (compared to the original CD, etc, source). AAC has a different way of figuring out what data to remove. If AAC removed data that was present in the MP3 file, they the AAC file will have less of the data that was present in the MP3......so it would be worse.