PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Tethering with an evo 4g?

hortstu
September 6th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I'm trying to tether a laptop running 10.04 w/ my cell. It would also be nice to do it with hardy but I can live w/o that.

Thanks

hortstu
September 7th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Well for anyone that searches on this topic and ends up here I've figured it out.

Download the easy tether app in the market. The directions are in the app and they are fairly straight forward. If you have trouble the help option should get you there. If you still have problems you can post here and pm me and I'll try to help. I'm no expert but sometimes you don't need one.

roboghast
September 16th, 2010, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=hortstu;9815024]Well for anyone that searches on this topic and ends up here I've figured it out.

Download the easy tether app in the market. (WHERE?? nice link) fail...

IF you want games and stuff to run right without having to learn linux gobbily-gook, just dual boot with windows, use the programs that pulg and play well with windows, and use linux for your internet and word processing.

jesse0
October 15th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Is this sort of response necessary? It doesn't add anything, and in fact, you are blatantly wrong:

Easy Tether is available on the Android marketplace, just like the OP said. If you want a link to the app's home page, try this. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Easy+Tether+Android)
There is no "gobbily-gook" required to make this work.

Besides if one uses Linux for "internet and word processing" how do you expect them to get connected?