PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Banshee Library

Nostigex
September 6th, 2010, 01:08 AM
I miss the way Windows Media Player and WinAMP sorts tracks - by album artist instead of individual track artists. I was wondering if this is possible in Banshee

For example, I have a compilation album 'Nightmusic, Vol. 1' by Thrillseekers:
http://www.amazon.com/Nightmusic-1-Thrillseekers/dp/B000BYR9WC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1283731175&sr=8-1

I'd like the entire album to show up under 'Thrillseekers' in the music browser. Instead, since each individual track is by a different artist, the album is brutally torn up and scattered into dozens of artists I've never heard of and don't care to have in my browser.

I can hardly fathom that anyone would want to sort their music this way. If Windows Media Player can get it right, then surely Banshee should be able to. Is there any way to go about this without manually editing the tags for my whole library?

Nostigex
September 7th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Bump.

pbhill
September 8th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Bump.
What is "bump"?

tommcd
September 8th, 2010, 03:24 AM
I miss the way Windows Media Player and WinAMP sorts tracks - by album artist instead of individual track artists. ...
If you would like a simple, old school, Winamp like media player for Ubuntu, try audacious. It looks and works just like Winamp. Most importantly, it will also sort your music library exactly the way you have it sorted on your computer.
Another Winamp clone is xmms; but xmms is not present in the Ubuntu repos.