PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] wallpaper not static !!

rebrov
September 4th, 2010, 02:23 AM
i downloaded some wallpapers and put them all in my software partition and choosen one to be my wallpaper and it worked fine but ...when i make restart the old wallpaper of ubuntu show up again and the wallpapers that i just added them to my desktop wallpaper manager its not there and here we go again

when i add them again and choose one to by my wallpaper it will be fine and once restart old paper shows again !!

any idea ?

simonmoon42
September 4th, 2010, 05:14 AM
i downloaded some wallpapers and put them all in my software partition and choosen one to be my wallpaper and it worked fine but ...when i make restart the old wallpaper of ubuntu show up again and the wallpapers that i just added them to my desktop wallpaper manager its not there and here we go again

when i add them again and choose one to by my wallpaper it will be fine and once restart old paper shows again !!

any idea ?

I would guess the partition isn't being mounted on bootup or is being mounted after the wallpaper is loaded. Try putting the new wallpaper on the system partition.

Silent Warrior
September 4th, 2010, 11:53 AM
What's the exact path to the wallpapers you want to use? When you change the wallpaper, do you click 'Apply' or just exit? (Just checking.)

rebrov
September 4th, 2010, 02:13 PM
What's the exact path to the wallpapers you want to use? When you change the wallpaper, do you click 'Apply' or just exit? (Just checking.)

ooh i think u right because my software partition that contains the images not mounted during boot

and yes i click Apply but when i reboot i think i have to mount the partition again thats why it will choose the static wallpaper fromt he root partition because its already mounted :)

thanks alot for Enlighting me :)

rebrov
September 5th, 2010, 02:47 AM
SOLVED with mounting the Software partition that contain the pics with adding this command in /etc/fstab

/dev/sda3 /media/Software ntfs-3g

then making directory to the same destination

mkdir /media/Software

thats it thanks