PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Creating virtual colud

baboli
September 3rd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Hi all,
I installed CLC/Walrus/CC/SC and two NC's all on a ESX version 4 (vSphere) as guest OS.
Installation went just fine and I was able to install a few images too. But the problem is that I can not power up any of the VM's that create in the cloud.
In less than a minute after I start them up, they shut-don and terminate.
My question is, is it possible to create a cloud using the virtual machines guests? It kind of defeats the purpose of cloud but I just want to test.
Thanks,

nidzo732
September 4th, 2010, 03:19 PM
what is this, bjtailik1

Rusty au Lait
September 5th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I'm having enough problems keeping things running in the virtual world. There's a lot of juggling without adding recursion to the mix.

baboli
September 7th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I'm having enough problems keeping things running in the virtual world. There's a lot of juggling without adding recursion to the mix.

This is actually pretty simple to follow instruction except the VM's wont stay up.
I just wanted to know if anyone has attempted installing cloud within the VM guests.

arubislander
November 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
As I understand it, the nodes need to be real computers that support some kind of virtualization. All the other bits can be VM's if you liked. But I'm only now just beginning to explore this rich new ecosystem myself.