PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wine/Hp Officejet 4500

PHANTOM X
September 3rd, 2010, 02:07 AM
I was doing some looking at wine and it seems I may want to add my Hp Officejet 4500 Wireless. I'm unfamiliar to wine and have some concerns with the program/drivers. will the program be listed in wine or Applications? Will I need to configure System32/Drivers for the driver to work?

MaindotC
September 3rd, 2010, 02:12 AM
If you have a wireless printer it should connect to your access point, and your access point should have uPnP enabled in order for it to be shared, and thus connect to your Ubuntu machine. Try doing that before you install the software and see if you can print to it.

PHANTOM X
September 3rd, 2010, 02:15 AM
Our router is provided by our ISP which can only access it. The mac is in the router, however I'm not sure how I can set it up.

Edit: It's also a personal printer. I don't want other family members printing to it. Also I tried the cd command, but its not working.

cd /user/desktop/HP 4500.iso

PHANTOM X
September 3rd, 2010, 03:14 AM
I tried installing through wine with the uninstall wine software program. The files are under a directory(extracted ISO copy), but every time I attempt to install it crashes.

Edit: Did some digging around and found a Linux version of the software on Sourceforge from the hp site. So far it's installing.:)

cemilhilton
December 1st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Could you please give the link on Sourceforge?