PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] nautilus (gvfs) can mount, no way in the shell (mount -t cifs)

phibuntu
September 2nd, 2010, 11:12 AM
Hi all

My actual problem is the cifs file system. I want to mount a windows network drive to a mountpoint under /mnt (eg. /mnt/winserver).

Using nautilus under the Ubuntu-Main-Menu (places -> Network) I can find the server and login using my username, the domain and share name and of course my password

eg>

server=//OURNETWORK
shareddrive=/ourdata$
username="phi.gre"
domain="OURDOMAIN"
pass="verysecret"

It finally mounts to "~/.gvfs".

Using the midnight commander I can work like this.

Now I want to connect to the server using a shell script.
For that I created a .credentials-File (/home/me/path/to/.credentials) like this

username=phi.gre
password=verysecret

using >ip route I have found the default gateway ( "192.168.10.8" ) and my script looks now like this (all personal data changed):

SB_PARAMS=credentials=/home/me/path/to/.credentials,ip=192.168.10.8,gid=1001,uid=me,dir_m ode=0700,domain=OURDOMAIN,iocharset=utf8

mount -t cifs //OURNETWORK/ourdata$ /mnt/winserver/ --verbose -o ${SB_PARAMS}

Now the above script always times out after about 30 seconds:

mount.cifs kernel mount options: unc=//OURNETWORK\ourdata$,user=phi.gre@OURDOMAIN,ver=1,r w,credentials=/home/me/path/to/.credentials,ip=192.168.10.8,dir_mode=0700,domain= OURDOMAIN,iocharset=utf8,uid=1000,gid=1001,pass=** ******
mount error(110): Connection timed out

Is there a possibility to
a) find out, how nautilus mounts the device?
b) find the errors i my script (/var/log/messages mentions nothing)

Any Idea? Which thread could be helpful?

Thanks in advance

clrg
September 2nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Try without the IP parameter.

phibuntu
September 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks for your answer. I have done so before and get the following error:

mount error: could not resolve address for OURNETWORK: No address associated with hostname
No ip address specified and hostname not found
mount error: could not resolve address for OURNETWORK: No address associated with hostname
No ip address specified and hostname not found