PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help with audio playback

ventrical
September 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM
I keep getting this error when I try to run an Audio CD using Rythmbox Music Player.

Could not open location cdda://sro/'
Failed to execute child process "sound juicer" (no such file or directory)

ventrical
September 1st, 2010, 05:40 PM
Dell Opti 2.8GHZ 512MBDDR Ubuntu 10.4

ventrical
September 1st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Help.. thanks:)

fallenshadow
September 1st, 2010, 08:25 PM
It seems you are trying to use a CD with Sound Juicer. Sound Juicer is for copying music from CD's to your PC.

However looking at the error message it appears not to be installed. Go to Ubuntu Software Center.... search and install "Sound Juicer".

Or try running your CD with something else like Rhythmbox.

ventrical
September 1st, 2010, 08:51 PM
It seems you are trying to use a CD with Sound Juicer. Sound Juicer is for copying music from CD's to your PC.

However looking at the error message it appears not to be installed. Go to Ubuntu Software Center.... search and install "Sound Juicer".

Or try running your CD with something else like Rhythmbox.

I did all this and it won't recognize the CD player.

Notice in screenshot 3 that the CD icon is there (another user mentioned the same problem). As I said, i downloaded the 'juicer' program and I tried 'rythmbox' but it will not play audio or detect CD.

The CD will only get recognized after I do a re-start. Then, after I try 'rythmbox' the LED on the CD keeps blinking and nothing happens .. and then when I eject the CD i get the errors.

I also tried other CDs.

If I get more errors I'll send up more screenshots..

Any other suggestions.?
Thanks for your reply.

Brandel Valico
September 4th, 2010, 09:13 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683&highlight=dvd+playback

This link is among the first things I do with any new install. If followed it will get you set up to play DVD's,CD's and pretty much all other media that you will need. Asumming of course working hardware.

ventrical
September 4th, 2010, 05:30 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683&highlight=dvd+playback

This link is among the first things I do with any new install. If followed it will get you set up to play DVD's,CD's and pretty much all other media that you will need. Asumming of course working hardware.

Thanks !

I did get it fixed with suggestions from another poster.

Thanks for the link.

:D

Brandel Valico
September 5th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Glad to hear you got it working