PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Hardware playthrough

nicofs
September 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Hello!
I am looking for a way to amplify my microphone with my netbook (acer Aspire One 532)... All suggestions I have encountered so far involve installing some sort of massive programme with tremendous amounts of functions and settings - all of which are more confusing than helpful. Most of them come down to some sort of software playthrough that would simply be too much for my small netbook. Is there some sort of "go there and flick that switch"-solution to this or to I have to spend money on an amplifier?

I can vaguely remember having used a Ubuntu-PC as an amplifier before, but I can't remeber which release (8.x?) - but it had that switch in the mixer. The current release somehow lacks that - or is that because I use xubuntu?

When I was still using Windows, from 95 to W2k it just had to be enabled in the mixer. Around XP/Vista that feature disappeared - Win7 brought that option back, but as software playthrough with a delay.

I don't want any delay - and yes, I know that there can be a deafening feedback without it...