PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to configure KDE4 text-to-speech suite

kline
September 1st, 2010, 01:32 AM
After 5+ years of using Ubuntu, I am switching to it as my desktop. On my old FreeBSD desktop i was running KDE3; now I am runnung 10.04.1 and find that even tho things are more friendly with KDE4, one of the tools I use most,kttsmgr, no longer works like it did on my previous desktop.

How can I configure kttsmgr to use festival (right now it says "espeak") and to present the dialogue that prints the strings beneath what is being read? --Note that I downloaded flite and eflite for testing purposes. Both fail. not a peep. I do have audio with songs and can listen to streams, but nothing from ktts*

Can anybody clue me in?

tia, guys.

Pepiko
March 2nd, 2011, 10:06 PM
Hi, All!

I'm quite new on Kubuntu and I've got the same problem, kttsd doesn't work at all.
I've tried to install the following packages festival festival-freebsoft-utils festvox-ellpc11k kttsd and "kttsd-contrib-plugins" and here it is. On version 10 of Kubuntu doesn't exist the package "kttsd-contrib-plugins" and this is why you cannot find voices on kttsmgr.

Anybody who knows where can we download "kttsd-contrib-plugins" from any repository, is welcomed.

Thanks, :)