PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dvd creator via WIne

dfd001
August 31st, 2010, 03:58 AM
I installed VSO ConvertXtoDvd on ubuntu using Wine. (This, btw, is listed on the WineHQ site as gold). The problem I am having are these:

1. It does not read my burner(s), so will only encode to iso image. I do not understand why it will not read my burners, as other programs I have do.
2. It does not see my video driver ("due to video driver, preview will not work")
3. Templates for menus not loaded. (It says that I must re-install the program to get full use...which I did. Twice. Same result.

If its important, this is the same machine I used when I had windows, and it worked fine. I do not understand why it does not recognize my drivers.

Have I missed something? :confused:

Thank You for your replies.

psavva
August 31st, 2010, 06:03 AM
I installed VSO ConvertXtoDvd on ubuntu using Wine. (This, btw, is listed on the WineHQ site as gold). The problem I am having are these:

1. It does not read my burner(s), so will only encode to iso image. I do not understand why it will not read my burners, as other programs I have do.
2. It does not see my video driver ("due to video driver, preview will not work")
3. Templates for menus not loaded. (It says that I must re-install the program to get full use...which I did. Twice. Same result.

If its important, this is the same machine I used when I had windows, and it worked fine. I do not understand why it does not recognize my drivers.

Have I missed something? :confused:

Thank You for your replies.

Hi,

Have a look at the WineHQ DB
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4183

Try running Version 3.3 or 3.7 which has Gold Status.

The Latest Version 4 shows that it's Silver, and that nothing works...

For Version 3.7, try running it with wine version 1.1.26 which shows it had the Gold Status. You can also try with the latest version of wine and see how it goes...

Let us know how it went :)