PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] UBUNTU 10.04 does not see my camera

arturo503
August 28th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hello,

I recently did an upgrade to ubunut 10.04. I have a nikon d70 that I plugged into the computer to download the pictures off of but to my surprise my computer no longer sees the camera. I did a search and found a few threads about USB cameras and skype but nothing about this issue. Is there anyone else having this problem?

Is there a fix for it? So far everything has been working OK with UBUNTU 10.04 I would hate to go back to windows xp only because I am not able to download the pictures from my camera.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ghost_Mazal
August 30th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Don't know if this is of relevance to you , but I once had the same issue. After trying every troubleshoot and how-to I could find I finally found that the camera itself wasn't set correctly. It was set as a storage device and not as a camera. It's a setting some cameras have. Check out your manual and see where to set your USB option on the camera itself and check if it is set as a camera and not as a storage device.

moosetr
September 9th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I have the same camera and the same problem. D70 is not coming up on my 10.04 desktop, nor is it present in "computer". To add to my confusion however, when I first installed 10.04 it did not work, began working a couple of weeks later, and has now stopped working after a couple of weeks. I have no knowledge of having done anything different, except installing the recommended updates every other week or so.

In terminal

lsusb

My camera is recognized, but is not mounting?

I have had to use Testdisk Photorec to remove pictures, but this is sloppy and I don't like to use it regularly!

Any Help out there?
Travis

moosetr
September 19th, 2010, 03:54 AM
update: I did not find a solution to my problem per se, however I found this info on manually mounting devices which is more elegant than using the disk recovery software. Should work and isn't a long process for achieving picture download.

Check out this page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount/USB

Travis