PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Why move this thread?

t0p
August 27th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I don't think it's right for you to move this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1562143) from General Help to Virtualisation forum. Yes, I know my question is related to VirtualBox, but that shouldn't disqualify its inclusion in General Help. It isn't actually about virtualisation is it? I've seen plenty of questions related to VBox or VMWare in General Help and allowed to stay so the oproblem can be resolved relatively speedily. General Help gets a lot of traffic; Virtualisation gets Virtually (heh) none. Well, not much anyway. By moving my thread, you are making it much less likely that my question will be resolved.

Please move it back. Thanks.

matthew
August 27th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I just read through the thread. Since you posted here several people have posted there with things to try, so you are getting help in the virtualization forum. I could go either way on this, but I sincerely think you will find people with a deeper understanding of your issue in the thread's current location.

If you still want it moved back, post a follow up here and I will do so.

t0p
August 28th, 2010, 12:31 PM
matthew, as ever you are right. Consider this request withdrawn. I shall mark it [SOLVED].

matthew
August 28th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I'm glad it worked out. It looks like this time moving the thread back would have been counter productive, but that isn't always the case and we are happy to help. Thank you for being polite in your request for a review of the action.