PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Deep Trouble : Firefox not launching!

fremantle
August 26th, 2010, 04:55 AM
ok so this is the deal : i installed both alphatabs and tabsontop addons, then restarted firefox. but it failed to start and this is the js error i get:

Error launching browser window:no XBL binding for browser

DavidOfLondon
August 26th, 2010, 05:14 AM
The reason you're not getting responses is your post is very vague without mentioning your OS.

Are you on Ubuntu? I've added dozens of addons in Firefox with Ubuntu 10.04 and not had a prob. The most likely scenario is you've added something that has created a conflict with another prog.

Your best option is to remove Firefox completely and reinstall but without knowing what OS you're on I can't advise.

David.

fremantle
August 26th, 2010, 05:17 AM
umm what os i use is right there under my name xD

fremantle
August 26th, 2010, 05:18 AM
can i browse to the firefox folder and remove the add on manually?

wojox
August 26th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Did you try running

ps -ef | grep firefox

See if there's any other firefox process running and killing them, then launching it?

fremantle
August 26th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I killed all firefox processes but still get that message. i think that the two addons i installed conflicted with each other and so firefox cannot start becoz of a javascript error. heres the descriptions of the two addons:

Alphatabs

Try to get better tabs... This replaces the menu bar with a special tabs bar, and allows the user to iconify tabs (and remember them for the next time)

Tabs On top: Puts the tabs all the way up above the menubar

fremantle
August 26th, 2010, 05:32 AM
NEVERMIND, I JUST GOT THE SOLUTION

firefox --safe-mode

wojox
August 26th, 2010, 05:34 AM
can i browse to the firefox folder and remove the add on manually?

I'd try that route. Maybe just rename the extensions folder.