PDA

View Full Version : A quick digital audio player question.

LinuxFox
August 26th, 2010, 02:48 AM
I decided to use Banshee to manage my digital audio player (works great too). Since I have more than one digital audio player (I have two battery powered ones I keep as a spare), I synced all of them with my favorite songs.

Usually to check it and make sure it transfered ok, I usually listen to them to make sure the music is on there. My question, how can I be sure my music transfered ok without having to listen to them? I don't have time to listen to an hours worth of music.

I'd ask in beginner's help, but this didn't seem related to Ubuntu, Linux, or computers. So if this is the wrong forum, please move it. Please answer my question and thanks.

Austin25
August 26th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Well, is it a file system based player? If so, you could check the files. Are there any circumstances that it doesn't sync? Maybe you could run Banshee from the terminal with verbose output.

pwnst*r
August 26th, 2010, 05:38 AM
I decided to use Banshee to manage my digital audio player (works great too). Since I have more than one digital audio player (I have two battery powered ones I keep as a spare), I synced all of them with my favorite songs.

Usually to check it and make sure it transfered ok, I usually listen to them to make sure the music is on there. My question, how can I be sure my music transfered ok without having to listen to them? I don't have time to listen to an hours worth of music.

I'd ask in beginner's help, but this didn't seem related to Ubuntu, Linux, or computers. So if this is the wrong forum, please move it. Please answer my question and thanks.

Honestly, if you feel you need to check it, either Banshee and/or your DAP sucks. I've never worried about checking a transfer once syncing has been complete on both my iPhone and my Evo.

LinuxFox
August 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Honestly, if you feel you need to check it, either Banshee and/or your DAP sucks. I've never worried about checking a transfer once syncing has been complete on both my iPhone and my Evo.In that case, maybe it's just a habit I have then. Files do transfer fine, it's just I like to make sure they play ok, that's all.