PDA

View Full Version : Infraction recieved

ELD
August 25th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I got an infraction for saying it is stupid that someone said they won't bother with Ubuntu because the ATI catalyst drivers don't work with Ubuntu 10.10 because it is ALPHA quality, trying to point something out.

How is that infraction worthy?! I wasn't insulting him, i was telling him it's stupid to expect it out of an ALPHA release?!

ELD
August 25th, 2010, 10:48 AM
All i said was "What a stupid thing to say. This version of ubuntu is of ALPHA quality." because they guy said he wouldn't bother with ubuntu because of it.

Maybe like ranch hand i should have said "silly".

I would like the infraction removed, it was not aimed at insulting another member as Iowa puts it, it was a statement point out ubuntu 10.10 is ALPHA and what he said was stupid, not him...come on!

KiwiNZ
August 25th, 2010, 11:02 AM
From the Code of Conduct...

"Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.

Flaming and condescending messages: Flames are messages that personally attack, call people names, or otherwise harass another forum member (or any person or group). These, along with any generally condescending posts will be moved or removed at the moderators discretion."

The post was condescending and rude, stating what someone has written is stupid is rude. The post was contrary to our Code of Conduct and the infraction issued is appropriate.

ELD
August 25th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Seems that is a bit over-the-top, i called what he said stupid but i wasn't calling him stupid since that's the first post of his i've ever seen - can't judge.

So if i said "silly" like ranch hand i wouldn't get infracted? Else he needs to as well to keep up the rules..can i get an answer on that?

Would switching stupid with silly suffice?

KiwiNZ
August 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I have not reviewed other posts, I have reviewed your post. I am not going to get into some "he said , so I said thing".

I have quoted the Code of Conduct and the standard we expect on these Forums. You agreed to those standards when you joined.

ELD
August 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Yes i did agree to them, but i didn't think the word "stupid" was such a bad word to use.

If you don't plan to look at the other post then why have the rules at all if they apply to one user and not another?

Picking favourites?

KiwiNZ
August 25th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I am not going to play games here. You have asked for a review, you have been given a decision.

ELD
August 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Fine, even though it is pretty pathetic.

KiwiNZ
August 25th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Take care you are close to receiving further infractions with this attitude. I suggest you take a break for a bit.

ELD
August 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Well you didn't give me an answer to my question.

If i said silly instead of stupid would it have stopped an infraction or not?

KiwiNZ
August 25th, 2010, 08:39 PM
In the context yes. Now move on .You have your decision.

ELD
August 25th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Was all i wanted to know.