PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Does anyone know how to make Lucid lynx from asking me for password everytime ?

cool Cpu
August 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
hi every time i open shell im asked for password and thats the problem cuz my password has 20 letters numbers and symbols.

so every time i want to open a shell i have to type password again and again how to stop Ubuntu from asking me for password ?

surfer
August 22nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
you mean while you are logged in, when you open a terminal you are asked for a password? that shouldn't be like that? or did i misunderstand something?

nebu
August 22nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
u can use policykit....

check this thread http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1308528
pjomegas postwas useful when i had tried this out

cool Cpu
August 22nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
you mean while you are logged in, when you open a terminal you are asked for a password? that shouldn't be like that? or did i misunderstand something?

i mean every time i want to open a shell ubuntu is asking for password and im tired of it thats all

cool Cpu
August 22nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
u can use policykit....

check this thread http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1308528
pjomegas postwas useful when i had tried this out

i did and it is working im not asked for password any more tnx

aysiu
August 22nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
i mean every time i want to open a shell ubuntu is asking for password and im tired of it thats all
Use
sudo -i It'll give you a persistent root prompt so you won't be asked for a password for every sudo command.

P.S. If you run a lot of sudo commands frequently, consider changing your password to something easier to type. There's a fine line between security and usability, and you're clearly too far on the security side if you don't want to type your own password.

Iowan
August 22nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
There's a fine line between security and usability, and you're clearly too far on the security side if you don't want to type your own password....Which makes the pendulum swing the other way if you want to bypass the password...