PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wake on USB Keyboard, Mouse Disapears, Power Options, and Monitor Options

corrytonapple
August 21st, 2010, 06:44 PM
Hello Again. Hopefully you guys will be OK if I ask for support for five questions all in the same thread.

Anyway, Problem one is I would like to press any button to wake my keyboard on sleep. I have seen some info, but it seems rather difficult to use. If I have to chose a button it would be the space bar. It wakes on any button in Windows. This is a USB 1.1 Keyboard, an Apple Keyboard actually. The laptop uses 2.0.

Second, I have installed Cursor Selection from the package manager and changed my mouse to a black color. If I switch to my laptop monitor, the cursor disappears and the only way to get it back is to log out and then back on. Oh yeah, and you have to do it without seeing the cursor.:popcorn:I would like not to do that.
Then I need some more advanced than Default power options. 10, 30 and 1 hour for times is very spaced out for a laptop with fan control issues.

Next, when I put the computer to sleep, the WiFi disconects and takes about a 30 seconds to reconnect. Window 7 stays connected. Why Not Ubuntu?

Finally, (Yes) since I switch between Laptop and Desktop Monitors often, I would like it to be a one or two button key combination and it will automatically switch between the two monitors.
I have tried Google and the Forums. How what command is needed to switch?
Thanks):P

corrytonapple
August 29th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Bump. Anyone?

corrytonapple
September 5th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Bump. I know that someone can help. Maybe just a bad time...........

corrytonapple
September 19th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Bump