PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Browser Blues and lousy Coffee

mikee55
August 21st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Hi everyone. I got Firefox 3.6.8 installed and it tells me I've not got the correct Flash player installed, but I've been watching Flash content, also I got Google Chrome installed, and I don't get autocomplete when I should.

Can you recommend a fix, a browser and the best way to make coffee?

I'm not being funny, but I can't get my instant to taste right, and don't have Coffee pots and filters.

Mike

drs305
August 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM
It may help if you tell us which Flash Player you currently have installed. You can find this via Tools, Add-ons. Mine is Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45

Note: Since this is a support forum, please put the java brewing requests/responses in the Community Cafe. I don't think it's possible to make a decent cup of instant, so I'll be looking there as well to learn if I'm missing something. ;-)

Added later: I don't want to contribute to the 'coffee' posts, but qamelian - that was funny.
sudo brew good.instant did not work.

lovinglinux
August 21st, 2010, 03:56 PM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/161939/

kaldor
August 21st, 2010, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone. I got Firefox 3.6.8 installed and it tells me I've not got the correct Flash player installed, but I've been watching Flash content, also I got Google Chrome installed, and I don't get autocomplete when I should.

Can you recommend a fix, a browser and the best way to make coffee?

I'm not being funny, but I can't get my instant to taste right, and don't have Coffee pots and filters.

Mike

I had that problem once, and I fixed it by purging and reinstalling Flash. Use the Software Centre to remove and then install "Ubuntu restricted extras".

As for the coffee... it's impossible to make good instant coffee! It's horrible! It is fake! It's not real coffee!

I suggest you get a coffee maker and get some of that Domincan Republic Cafe Molido "Santo Domingo" espresso coffee... THAT'S good stuff.

qamelian
August 21st, 2010, 04:23 PM
I don't think it's possible to make a decent cup of instant... ;-)
I think emacs has a plugin for that. :wink:

kaldor
August 21st, 2010, 04:24 PM
i think emacs has a plugin for that. :wink:

+1

mikee55
August 21st, 2010, 09:36 PM
I used the deb package at adobe site. Just bought a coffee machine:lolflag:

Mike