PDA

View Full Version : [other] Boot Ubuntu from Android Phone

av.kumar85
August 19th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Ok.. now i have a problem.. i have tried and really do boot Ubuntu from a micro SD Card. But it really isn't that convenient to carry the card around everywhere... my phone (Milestone) already has one... so i figured i should be able to load it in there..

I did.. but when i try to boot from the phone while its still active... it doesn't..

Android takes too long to figure out what happened.. and by the time the computer's default OS has already booted up.

What do you guys suggest?

GoldenSun
August 19th, 2010, 08:06 AM
It could have run out of space or memory.
Or you could have some random config wrong.
This is a new subject, and with a very broad question, there could be many things that are wrong.

amitabhishek
August 19th, 2010, 09:28 AM
http://www.taranfx.com/install-ubuntu-on-nexus-one

av.kumar85
August 19th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Ok, pardon my ineptitude to state my problem. I want to boot my OS on a computer and not on my phone. The card on the Milestone is completely empty. And Ubuntu is perfectly installed on the micro SD card. I don't want to install Ubuntu on the phone... I just want to boot it from the phone... I hope i am clear in what i say...

Fafler
August 19th, 2010, 11:19 AM
If the phone doesn't identify itself to the computer fast enough, i don't think theres anything to do about it. Except from getting a flashdrive. You know, the smallest one are not much bigger than the USB connector itself. And in any case, smaller than your data cable.

sadiepaige01
August 19th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I've been an avid fan of Netbooks ever since I picked up my very own 1000HE by ASUS. I love these little machines, as they are perfect to bring around for travel, work and/or school. With the recent release of Acer's new Aspire One with dual-booting operating systems, I couldn't resist but to pick one up for myself.