PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to set resolution to be larger without being fuzzy

ggriffis
August 18th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Hi, I found the setting to change the resolution (System/preferences/display). When I click on it I get a pop up that says "It appears that your graphics driver does not support the necessary extensions to use this tool. Do you want to use your graphics driver vendor's tool instead?" I selected No and then got to the display preferences anyway. I selected a lower resolution and clicked Apply. Things did get larger but were very fuzzy. I tried all of the possible smaller resolutions but they were all fuzzy except for the original, smallest, one (1440 x 900). Please help if you have any information about this. I would love to continue using Ubuntu but am unable to because of my poor vision. Please only simple solutions please--I'm not a command line Linux guru (or barely even novice) Thanks.

oldos2er
August 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM
What video card do you have? Also click 'Yes' when it asks if you want to run the vendor's tool.

ggriffis
August 18th, 2010, 07:42 PM
I tried clicking yes but it just brought up a view with no apparent functionaility. I'll give more details when I have in front of me again.