PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] remove nautilus move to option

chaos_efphect
August 18th, 2010, 02:19 AM
I just installed 10.04 on one of my computers and i LOVE the new look and feel expect for the right click nautils move/copy to. i wanted to know if anyone knew of a way to remove it? i tired doing some poking around on here but only found one post called "How to hide copy to / move to right click Nautilus menus?" but it did not work for me.

stinkeye
August 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I just installed 10.04 on one of my computers and i LOVE the new look and feel expect for the right click nautils move/copy to. i wanted to know if anyone knew of a way to remove it? i tired doing some poking around on here but only found one post called "How to hide copy to / move to right click Nautilus menus?" but it did not work for me.

First make a backup of nautilus-directory-view-ui.xml

sudo cp /usr/share/nautilus/ui/nautilus-directory-view-ui.xml /usr/share/nautilus/ui/nautilus-directory-view-ui.xml.bak

gksudo gedit /usr/share/nautilus/ui/nautilus-directory-view-ui.xml

Search for CopyToMenu . You will find 2 instances.
Delete from <menu action ="CopyToMenu"> to </menu>

Repeat for MoveToMenu

antistress
October 17th, 2010, 09:47 PM
This is interesting, thanks.

Would it be possible to add new entries like being able to move to Download, Documents, Images, Music or Videos folder ?

Brama051
July 8th, 2011, 07:00 PM
This is interesting, thanks.

Would it be possible to add new entries like being able to move to Download, Documents, Images, Music or Videos folder ?
Yes, I'm also interested so please share you knowledge!

blawiz1
October 17th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Yes, I'm also interested so please share you knowledge!

use nautilus-actions-config-tool