PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 and anything to do with CD's

jwalters
August 18th, 2010, 12:56 AM
In 10.04 . . . all of a sudden my cd player won't work . . . I can download a mp3 from amazon but can't get my player to open up so no transfer . . . Seems like anything to do with cd doesn't work.....

plus the burner isn't working either....... ?? I tried to burn a CD download because the mp3 player wouldn't open and it didn't write....brassero. I applied the required apps and stuff but still no go.

what's up with 10.04? anything? Should I back up to the last app that seemed to work flawless? 9.10 I think it was.

Ozymandias_117
August 18th, 2010, 01:15 AM
In 10.04 . . . all of a sudden my cd player won't work . . . I can download a mp3 from amazon but can't get my player to open up so no transfer . . . Seems like anything to do with cd doesn't work.....

plus the burner isn't working either....... ?? I tried to burn a CD download because the mp3 player wouldn't open and it didn't write....brassero. I applied the required apps and stuff but still no go.

what's up with 10.04? anything? Should I back up to the last app that seemed to work flawless? 9.10 I think it was.

Have you installed ubuntu-restricted-extras?
sudo aptitude install ubuntu-restricted-extras