PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Nagios for monitoring sites instead of hosts

Mr_G
August 17th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Hey,

I have installed nagios successfully, But I need it to monitor sites instead of servers.

So is there any shell script or open source php script I can use to add sites to the configuration file.

Thanks

arrrghhh
August 17th, 2010, 07:41 PM
It's the same concept - just put in the hostname and IP of the site instead of the server hostname & IP...

Mr_G
August 19th, 2010, 10:38 AM
It's the same concept - just put in the hostname and IP of the site instead of the server hostname & IP...

I know, But that needs to be done manually, any script that can be used by other users ?

arrrghhh
August 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Oh... well each environment is special, you'd probably be better just writing a script for your environment...

It's a hassle, but I've had to add all network devices to a network monitoring system more than once. Somehow I have a feeling I'm not done either.

Mr_G
August 20th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks for helping out but I finally got ready made scripts

You can try it, it's based on PHP, MYSQL

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nagiosweb/

arrrghhh
August 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Oh you just wanted a pretty front-end? Sorry. I thought you wanted a custom script that would add all of your devices for you.

Glad you got something that works tho. Please use the "Thread Tools" drop-down menu and mark this topic [SOLVED] if you think it is!