PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I DOWNLOADED UBUNTU 10.04 VER and I INSTALLED ON MY DESKTOP.

ahmed101
August 17th, 2010, 10:29 AM
HELLO ...
I installed ubuntu 10.04 on my desktop, which is double boot( I have windows XP too) when the installation finish and reboot the system, at a login page I CAN NOT login, my mouse pointer and the keyboard both are stopped functioning!! then I SWITCHED on the windows xp, both the devices are working perfect!!!

any Idea please.. I want ubuntu SO BAD!!!!

ronnielsen1
August 17th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Is this a wireless usb keyboard /mouse? What's the model #'s? AND STOP SHOUTING

regala
August 17th, 2010, 12:16 PM
HELLO ...
I installed ubuntu 10.04 on my desktop, which is double boot( I have windows XP too) when the installation finish and reboot the system, at a login page I CAN NOT login, my mouse pointer and the keyboard both are stopped functioning!! then I SWITCHED on the windows xp, both the devices are working perfect!!!

any Idea please.. I want ubuntu SO BAD!!!!

you forgot the Rain Dance

ahmed101
August 17th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Is this a wireless usb keyboard /mouse? What's the model #'s? AND STOP SHOUTING

Sorry It was my first time.. But non of them are usb.. the keyboard is standard 101/102-key or microsoft Natural PS/2 keyboard...

Spice Weasel
August 17th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Have you tried taking them out and then plugging them back in again to give it another chance to detect them?

ahmed101
August 17th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Have you tried taking them out and then plugging them back in again to give it another chance to detect them?

Yes I tried 2 times, but it didn't detect even I rebooted the system after not detecting! but initially its fine its detecting but after few secs of the login page its not detecting!!... all what I have to do is again reboot then the same thing goes.. but when I switch to xp its fine..

QIII
August 17th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Can you give us some hardware specifications on your machine?

How old is it?

ahmed101
August 17th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Can you give us some hardware specifications on your machine?

How old is it?

Its almost 4 yrs!... and the Hardware
Intel, pentium IV with 2.80GHz of cpu and 512mb of RAM!..