PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Download video from youtube?

grobar87
August 15th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hi,
How to download video from youtube?I try with 'kiss' but not working...
Can anyone tell me how to do this please...
Thanks.

JustinR
August 15th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hi,
Thanks.

When the video is finished buffering (completely loaded) go to Places > Computer > FileSystem > tmp.

The video fill be a .flv file with a random file name that can be opened in VLC media player.

sandyd
August 15th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Hi,
Thanks.
flashgot

stevanbt
August 15th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Hi,
Have you tried the firefox plugin Download Helper https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006/? Works well and handles conversion etc.

Thanks, Steve.

uRock
August 15th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Downloading the videos from youtube is a violation of their terms and agreements.

Thomas Garman
August 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Like another poster said...

you go to your tmp folder in your filesystem. Whenever you watch a video on YOUTUBE it will actually download the entire video into your temporary folder and then play it, which you experience as "streaming"...

So, you cut/paste that .flv file onto your desktop and then rename it as "blueorchid.flv" or whatever you want to name it and then it will persist on your system even after you close your browser.

When you are doing this cut/paste do not close the browser or else the file will be deleted because it is in your tmp folder but once you have save it with a different name it will persist.

Elfy
August 15th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Closed.