PDA

View Full Version : iMac G3s, eMac G4, Apple Monitors, and Extra Accesories

corrytonapple
August 15th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hello Ubuntu Community.
I have got a lot for sale. These were all bought at a online auction from a school. The rest I gave away, but I think these are worth something. I have prices, but I will negotiate. I have no way of shipping them yet, so if you are in the Knoxville, TN area, this is where you'll find them. I do have a friend I will try to get boxes from. If you want Debian on them tell me. I don't know if anybody finds OS 9 useful or not. Anyway...............

There two Apple white iMac G3s, one blue Apple iMac G3, one eMac G4, two Apple 17” CRT monitors, four ZIP drives, one HP printer, one Epson printer, one Apple Printer, and five keyboards.

Computers: The white iMacs have a 40GB hard drive, 128MB of memory, a 600MHz processor, a CD-read only drive, a 15” screen, and a full size keyboard and mouse. One has OS 9, and the other has OS 9 and OSX 10.2. The blue iMac has a 40GB hard drive, 128MB of memory, a 500MHz processor, a broken CD drive, a 15” screen, and a compact keyboard (no mouse). The eMac has a 700MHz G4 processor, 256MB of RAM, a 40GB hard drive, and no "detected" OS. There is also a CD drive and a full keyboard without the mouse. White: $40 each; Blue: $20; eMac: $50; Together: $140

Monitors: There is one blue monitor and one gray one. They have all adjustments possible since they are professional monitors. Both are 17”. They have a few marks on the case, and the gray one has a tint of blue on the top left hand corner. Blue: $50; Gray: $40; Together: $80

Zip Drives: There are two Imation ZIP drives, and two Iomega Parallel ZIP drives. They include the cables needed to run, and these other cables that should go to it, but I'm not sure. These are untested. $12 each or $40 together.

Printers: The HP printer works fine with good quality, but needs new ink. The Epson has OK quality, but I’m not sure because it needs new ink. The Apple printer has been untested since it hooks up via SCSI. Apple: $5; Epson: $15; HP: $15; Together: $30

Keyboards: There is one compact keyboard, three full size keyboards, and one HP keyboard. The HP keyboard is the only one untested. The rest function properly though.The HP keyboard has full media controls, including volume. $10 each or $45 together

Tell me what they are worth.:popcorn::KS

3rdalbum
August 24th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Hello Ubuntu Community.
I have got a lot for sale. These were all bought at a online auction from a school. The rest I gave away, but I think these are worth something. I have prices, but I will negotiate. I have no way of shipping them yet, so if you are in the Knoxville, TN area, this is where you'll find them. I do have a friend I will try to get boxes from. If you want Puppy Linux on them tell me. I don't know if anybody finds OS 9 useful or not. Anyway...............

There two Apple white iMac G3s, one blue Apple iMac G3, one eMac G4, two Apple 17 CRT monitors, four ZIP drives, one HP printer, one Epson printer, one Apple Printer, and five keyboards.

Computers: The white iMacs have a 40GB hard drive, 128MB of memory, a 600MHz processor, a CD-read only drive, a 15 screen, and a full size keyboard and mouse. One has OS 9, and the other has OS 9 and OSX 10.2. The blue iMac has a 40GB hard drive, 128MB of memory, a 500MHz processor, a broken CD drive, a 15 screen, and a compact keyboard (no mouse). The eMac has a 700MHz G4 processor, 256MB of RAM, a 40GB hard drive, and no "detected" OS. There is also a CD drive and a full keyboard without the mouse. White: $40 each; Blue: $20; eMac: $50; Together: $140

Monitors: There is one blue monitor and one gray one. They have all adjustments possible since they are professional monitors. Both are 17. They have a few marks on the case, and the gray one has a tint of blue on the top left hand corner. Blue: $50; Gray: $40; Together: $80

Zip Drives: There are two Imation ZIP drives, and two Iomega Parallel ZIP drives. They include the cables needed to run, and these other cables that should go to it, but I'm not sure. These are untested. $12 each or $40 together.

I would like to see you put Puppy Linux on the Power Macs. They don't use x86 processors and Puppy requires x86.

corrytonapple
August 24th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up. After posting this I started a thread looking for a more "complete" OS than Puupy. I found Debain will work. I will edit.