View Full Version : [SOLVED] unable to access mysql database

August 15th, 2010, 05:36 AM
We started our project (it's a website "employee performance appraisal system") in windows by starting with some html forms and then slowly added php ,javascript and other stuff in windows we had no issues of insertion and retrieval of data from the database.Now,we decided to shift the entire stuff to drupal the html forms along with those php files but we had 2 issues with this

1. the first one was ..we created "page" for each html form and copied the html code into "page" but we didn't find where our pages are getting stored (do they get stored in mysql database that we create for drupal site? or do they remain as html pages somwhere?)

2.second problem was ...for admin in drupal I gave the username "root" and a password ..similarly for mysql also I gave a password.
now I used phpmyadmin and created another database called "appraisal" which is supposed to hold the data of our website.when I try to insert data into one of the tables of this database (attendance table) ,the following error occured "Attempt to connect failed access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'(using password:NO) cannot run querry insert into attendance values('x','y')" Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:NO)

Also I'm unable to access mysql as a normal user only super user can access and can we unset the password that's required to reach mysql prompt?

August 17th, 2010, 10:18 AM
root account is full permission on mysql server.
That error is report username or password incorrect , you check info again or using phpmyadmin create new account on mysql.

September 10th, 2010, 07:01 PM
thanks a lot .find it silly :(