PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Can not select recovery menu

midcommander
August 15th, 2010, 04:43 AM
In recovery mode, i can not select any option in recovery menu, because arrow button/key does not work (to move the selection up and down), If i press the arrow button/key it starts immediately the first option in recovery menu (resume normal boot, which is in my case xdm fail) and it goes to the splash screen (ubuntu loading). same thing when i press F12, "home", "end", "insert", "del", "page up/down".

Only by luck that i can enter "drop to root shell prompt with networking" by hitting the keyboard randomly (seriously it frustrate me a lot, sometime i just smash the keyboard to see what will happen). I want to login to "netroot" but so far, I'm in no luck.

What should I do? can i just boot using live CD, then change some file (to make recovery mode goes instantly to "netroot" option?

Arrow key is work fine in grub, widows and live cd. Also i change the keyboard, and still same thing happen.

Why on earth they create splash screen while booting. It's fake and not let you to know what happen to the system.

Chauncellor
August 26th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Sorry that you're having trouble.

Why exactly are you trying to go into recovery mode? Perhaps we could help you out.

wassa1122
May 4th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Hi,
I am facing the same problem . Were you able to find the solution to that?

wassa1122
May 4th, 2013, 12:36 PM
ohh got it that is just by selecting the first letter of option.

oldos2er
May 4th, 2013, 05:13 PM
If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.