PDA

View Full Version : Why did I got an infraction?

mickie.kext
August 13th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I got infraction for this post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9716665&postcount=58). What I did wrong? It was outrageous claim, so I was pretty astonished by lack of clue displayed there.

This particular admin has been harassing me before, giving me infractions simply because he disagrees with something I say. As reason, I simply get the quote from CoC about "being respectful at all times" which looks like it work just one way. When disrespect is show in direction that particular person seems to approve, no action is taken.

I would like someone else to review my post(s) if there is belief that CoC is broken. I think that this guy has a grudge against me because my opinions and beliefs.

Thank you.

KiwiNZ
August 13th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Your post was ...
"Wow...

Have you ever developed software? Did you even remotely know how patents work? What you said doesn't make ANY sense. Unless if I failed to detect sarcasm..."

You have a history of arrogant demeaning posts like this and have received infractions and PM's in the past concerning this.

Our Code of Conduct...

"Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
Forum Threads and Flaming:
Flaming and condescending messages: Flames are messages that personally attack, call people names, or otherwise harass another forum member (or any person or group). These, along with any generally condescending posts will be moved or removed at the moderators discretion.
If the thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion. Any users who continue to post in this manner or engage in other questionable practices, like trolling (posting in an attempt to engage people in arguments) may be subject to more serious sanctions.
If the thread turns into an argument, it can be locked or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible."

This is why I have issued this latest infraction not due to a "grudge" I have neither the time nor the inclination for such trivia.

Your arrogance and demeaning tone has also continued in your post here with the following line "It was outrageous claim, so I was pretty astonished by lack of clue displayed there.".

You need to self moderate your posting style and attitude if you wish to continue.

bodhi.zazen
August 13th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I will look into this , please give me a little time to do so.

bodhi.zazen
August 13th, 2010, 11:05 PM
In the interest in peace in the community I am going to reverse the infraction.

But, I would point out that your posting style strikes people as offensive, this is not the first time we have had to discuss this with you, and multiple staff have been involved in previous infractions.

I would like to give you an opportunity to learn how to disagree with people in the community, and engage in debates or discussions, without the tone that comes across as a personal insult.

Your comment:

Have you ever developed software? Did you even remotely know how patents work? What you said doesn't make ANY sense. Unless if I failed to detect sarcasm...

comes across as a personal insult. Rather then debate facts or patents or the nature of potential patent issues, etc, your post boils down to an insult. You are basically claiming that the opposing view is based in a lack of knowledge and that is where you need to make improvements.

So, I am going to leave it at that for now, but if you do not see an improvement in your posting style we may need to limit your account.