PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 ipod touch mounts but not usable.

excitedcroc
August 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Hi,

I installed 10.04 as I heard the ipod touch support in Banshee / rhythmbox was as good as itunes for synbching music files.

However with the base install I was unable to transfer to my ipod by dragging files over to it.

I have now spent a week trying different things from google searches etc. This has left me with a system that now mounts the ipod but doesn't display it in banshee or rhythmbox

I was mostly aiming to get this working ..

http://www.libimobiledevice.org/

There doesn't seem to be any real step by step instructions though :(

Before I completely reinstall the OS (which I really shouldn't have to) does anyone have any ideas of why this might be ?

Also can anyone confirm 100% that the ipod touch OS4 does actually work with 10.04. As in music can be copied on to the device?

Would really appreciate some help on this guys

Thanks

Jon Delorey
May 17th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I've had a similar problem and find that when I uncheck and recheck the iPod support extension (in edit -> preferences -> extensions) then it shows up immediately. I seems like it might be a problem with permissions or something. I haven't had time to track this down so am not sure. It doesn't seem to stay logged into Last.fm either so, again, maybe a permissions problem.

Banshee seems to crash quite often in several different ways so this problem is lower on my list right now. I also think I'll be trying a complete re-install to see if that fixes things.