PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to uninstall after compile

Biddlesby
August 10th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hello all, I downloaded a source code version of qtpfsgui and compiled it with qmake. But I did it in the downloads directory. Now I want to uninstall it...can I just delete all the files or has it woven itself into my system??

Thanks!

Harry

adwhitenc
August 10th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I would suggest going into synaptic package manager (accesable through System-> administration) and uninstalling it there, if that dosent work, i would try using the terminal command

sudo apt-get remove <program-name>

or

sudo aptitude remove <program-name>

oldos2er
August 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Go back into the qtpfsgui directory and run sudo make uninstall

-kg-
August 10th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I would suggest going into synaptic package manager (accesable through System-> administration) and uninstalling it there, if that dosent work, i would try using the terminal command

sudo apt-get remove <program-name>

or

sudo aptitude remove <program-name>

That won't work. The OP didn't install using Aptitude/Apt-Get, so he can't uninstall it that way.

Go back into the qtpfsgui directory and run sudo make uninstall

Right method, but:

Hello all, I downloaded a source code version of qtpfsgui and compiled it with qmake. But I did it in the downloads directory.

Wouldn't the makefile be in the downloads directory instead of the gtpfsgui directory?

oldos2er
August 10th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Wouldn't the makefile be in the downloads directory instead of the gtpfsgui directory?

I assumed the OP meant ~/Downloads/gtpfsgui

jtarin
August 10th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I got it....how about the makefile directory.Go there and run sudo make uninstall