PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to upgrade to ubuntu studio from ubuntu 10.04

artoflife10
August 10th, 2010, 03:46 PM
hi,
i want to upgrade to ubuntu studio from ubuntu
i found the link saying how to do that before but i cant find it again can u please help me.

thanks in advance.

bergfly
August 10th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Open your package manager - Synaptic and then do a search for ubuntustudio-desktop. Select this for install and click apply. This should install all the needed files.

Quick note, this will change the appearance of the desktop a little and move some things around. Everything presently installed will still be there, but in a bit of a different place maybe.

artoflife10
August 10th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Open your package manager - Synaptic and then do a search for ubuntustudio-desktop. Select this for install and click apply. This should install all the needed files.

Quick note, this will change the appearance of the desktop a little and move some things around. Everything presently installed will still be there, but in a bit of a different place maybe.
this is only theme i wanted to install the entire package including the softwares

thanks in advance

bergfly
August 10th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I would recommend installing the ubuntustudio-video, audio and graphics packages as well. Again, these will add a whole bunch of extra files too.

That should give you the core of what you are looking for. I recommend searching for ubuntustudio in synaptic and clicking everything of interest