PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wubi completes, I restart, choose Ubuntu and nothing.

Chariblaze
August 8th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I'm completely new to Ubuntu, and after running a virtual machine this past week, I decided to install Ubuntu within Windows. After installing successfully, restarting cleanly and choosing to boot into Ubuntu, I got the following on a black screen:

Completing the Ubuntu installation
For more installation boot option, press 'ESC' now...

_

The zero counted down from 5, and the underscore is flashing.

I would think this would be normal, but it's been like this for an hour, there apparently isn't any hard drive activity right now and no keys, including escape have any effect.

If this is a problem, it could be the CD I ran Wubi from. After I burned the iso, there was a big warped mark on it, kind of like a curvy scratch. Also, this CD certainly isn't the best CD out there, as I got the pack during Black Friday.

I am considering restarting and reinstalling by downloading the wubi installer instead of using a CD, but I don't know if I can restart safely. There's no safe way to restart it that I can see, and I don't know if holding the power button for five seconds would damage anything. Any advice?

EDIT: Actually, I just had to press escape at the time it said to after forcing a restart after getting impatient.

SpockVulcan
August 9th, 2010, 04:18 AM
I use Linux Mint which is based off of Ubuntu and our "wubi" is called mint4win and it is giving people the same error.