PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Amarok doesn't start , splash screen freezes.

wkhasintha
August 8th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Hi .

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and every time i try to run Amaraok 2.3.1 , splash screen shows up but nothing happens thereafter, I had to kill the process every time. What I have to do in order to get it work in my system. does it require any dependencies to run on ubuntu? :'(

Kdelib and Kdebase-runtime have already been installed.:(

wkhasintha
August 8th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Didn't think so.

andymorton
August 8th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Hi .

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and every time i try to run Amaraok 2.3.1 , splash screen shows up but nothing happens thereafter, I had to kill the process every time. What I have to do in order to get it work in my system. does it require any dependencies to run on ubuntu? :'(

Kdelib and Kdebase-runtime have already been installed.:(

Hi,

I had the same problem last night. After the splash screen had been there for a minute, I noticed there was a 'KDE Wallet' button on my panel. I right-clicked that, closed it and Amarok started. I've just tried it again and the the exact same thing happened.
I haven't really used Amarok that much, so I'm not sure what's going on. :(

andy

wkhasintha
August 22nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem last night. After the splash screen had been there for a minute, I noticed there was a 'KDE Wallet' button on my panel. I right-clicked that, closed it and Amarok started. I've just tried it again and the the exact same thing happened.
I haven't really used Amarok that much, so I'm not sure what's going on. :(

andy

I reinstalled and now it works fine bro. version 2.3.1

wkhasintha
August 24th, 2010, 04:04 AM
For anyone who is having the same problem-o. This will help

http://www.brighthub.com/hubfolio/matthew-casperson/articles/73177.aspx