PDA

View Full Version : Running ISA on Wine Ubuntu 10.04 64bit Intel

BlessedGeek
August 6th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I am using Interlinear Scripture Analyzer (ISA 2.1.3), on Wine Ubuntu 10.04 on a 64bit Intel quad core machine, to supplement my daily Jewish study and therefore do not use the Greek part of the software.

I have all the right fonts installed as recommended on the ISA site.

However, the Hebrew fonts are written LTR instead of RTL, with all the nikudot (vowel points) in properly place within a character.

Even though I enable/check RTL on the menu.

When I perform a search (an icon that looks like a flash light), the WLC cell would display the search item properly RTL, but strangely when I select the search item, the highlighting turns it into LTR.

I hate to have to boot back to vista (64 bit), where the same version of ISA is working perfectly, because I would like to be able to use ISA whenever I am stuck with my Java/C++ programming or waiting for a huge compile/download to complete.

Can anyone advise me what setup I might have done wrong.

highflux7
September 29th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Were you ever able to get ISA to display hebrew text right-to-left??

I too installed ISA v2.1.3 under Wine with the recommended fonts, etc. but the hebrew still displays ltr instead of rtl. Of course ISA itself prompts one to install files for complex script and right-to-left language support but alas wine seems to have no ability to do this (or an equivalent).

Am I missing something or is this just the way things are?

highflux7
October 28th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Fixed!! R2L text now works in ISAv2 under latest Wine v1.2
"Rendering of bi-directional text is now supported reasonably well."

http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.2

Outstanding!

-v