PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HI, I'm new in Ubuntu

karlhadani
August 3rd, 2010, 01:13 AM
HI everybody,

I got Ubuntu in my mini HP and it works well. Now I have another and ACER ASPIRE 5710ZG which it had Windows Vista. So I decided to installed Ubuntu 10.04.

When I tried Ubuntu without install, everything worked except the microphone. But I installed Ubuntu.

Now I got the problem with the network, when I tried to download the drivers for use the wireless, appear a messade: " Downloading package indexes failed, please check your network status. Most drivers will not be available". So how can I get the drivers for use the wireless? Because don't appear any option. the windows for Hardware Drivers is blank.

In Ireland is difficult find someone who know about linux in Dublin, when I tried ask for help, they just offer me get the windows 7 as it was a solution. :(

Anybody can help me?

marshmallow1304
August 3rd, 2010, 01:23 AM
You need to have some sort of internet connection to the get wireless drivers, so use a wired connection to install the drivers.

utnubuuser
August 3rd, 2010, 01:36 AM
Have you tried adding the installation cd as a source in synaptic? (System>>Administer>>Synaptic Package Manager>>Settings>>ADD CdROM) I think it contains some of the drivers, though I wouldn't swear to that...

Task Force 42
August 3rd, 2010, 01:53 AM
what happens when you click on the network icon on the top right, are any wireless networks visable?