PDA

View Full Version : [other] Is there a linux ubuntu OS that can be installed on I-pad?

hortstu
August 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM
And if so how hard is it to do?

TheNerdAL
August 2nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
I highly doubt it and it would be really hard if it was possible. But that's just me. Someone could be trying to hack the iPad and install Linux on it as we speak. :)

I think this should be moved to Cafe.

Jazzy_Jeff
August 2nd, 2010, 08:21 PM
Probably not yet since it is so new. But I imagine in the future there will be.

Jeepman
August 2nd, 2010, 08:31 PM
Well there is the Touch Book, it does everything the iPad does and more. And it runs Linux. And it is cheaper, I own 2 already, they are vary nice and I am running Ubuntu on them

MasterGamerJK
August 2nd, 2010, 08:49 PM
As a matter of fact, yes, there is not only been Ubuntu running on the ipod touch their is also a custom linux version that is being build from the ground up for devices such as the ipod touch/ipad as well as many other smiler devices. And dont forget about android, ppl have that running on the iphone 3gs with service functionality

ellabee
August 2nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
there are a good number of ipad like tablets that have many more features and can run the android OS and some that run linux. check out androidtablets.net and euogo.com to look at some for purchase. i ordered one and it shipped last night, so i will most likely have it by saturday or monday! i actually installed ubuntu so that i could file manage it...i will report my findings once im all settled with it ;)

hortstu
August 28th, 2010, 03:13 AM
ellabee,

Direct us to any feedback you have on your tablet if you don't post it here.

Thanks.