PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Autorun content, screwing with my drive!

Covertoddity
August 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM
This problem has persisted for several weeks, I have a second hard drive that I use to store my downloaded files named "Spinning" and I needed to mount a 6.4 gb game iso on it so I downloaded the mount and unmount scripts from an ubunutgeek tutorial. Unfortuneatly the unmount script would not work at all or even show up so I just delted the mounted iso. Now, when I open my drive up it shows the below window and when clicking "run" it says it can't find the autorun file and cancel does nothinghttp://www.use.com/images/s_3/4b8bafa16a8515002514.jpg
I have tried messing with alot of autorun setting but nothing works,
thanks in advance

beew
August 2nd, 2010, 08:07 PM
I could be wrong, but I think the .inf file for auto run is a windows file and it wouldn't be executed in Linux. The autorun prompt will show up regardless but you can change it in file system > edit > preference > media. It seems that the .inf file would not run in WINE, seems to be a security thing..

I tried the script, umount doesn't seem to work. You have to go to the terminal and cd into the directory where the iso is mounted and type
sudo umount isoimageYou can try gmount-iso from the repo, you have to create a mount point (a directory to mount your iso) manually though. Also you can try furius iso which takes care of the mount point automatically and can mount multiple isos, but I am not sure if you can choose your mount point if desired (say you want to set up a designated mount point for Windows app and map it to the cd rom drive in WINE)

Covertoddity
August 2nd, 2010, 08:25 PM
See, the problem is, I no longer have the .iso that was mounted (deleted) so I don't see how I can unmount it.

:(

Covertoddity
August 9th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Sooo, does anyone want to shed some light on this?

I really need to unmount this iso that I deleted, this is seeming impossible to me right now.

Maybe Could I disable autorun altogether?

thanks