PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Appearance Preference Screen Pops Up On Every Reboot And Login

giddyup306
August 2nd, 2010, 05:02 PM
Not sure what I did to get it to do this, but I can't find a solution anywhere. This is annoying! Thanks in advance,

SpockVulcan
August 2nd, 2010, 10:28 PM
Dig around in the startup applications thats where i think the issue is. There will be something about appearance preferences there probably. :D

Brushstroke
August 2nd, 2010, 10:48 PM
Open a Terminal, and type this:

sudo unlink /usr/share/gdm/autostart/LoginWindow/gnome-appearance-properties.desktopThat should prevent it from coming up each time at the login screen. And if you ever need it back on the login screen, open a Terminal and type this:

sudo cp /usr/share/applications/gnome-appearance-properties.desktop /usr/share/gdm/autostart/LoginWindow:)

giddyup306
August 3rd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Open a Terminal, and type this:

That should prevent it from coming up each time at the login screen. And if you ever need it back on the login screen, open a Terminal and type this:

:)

Thanks! That did the trick! You have no idea how annoying that was...

Krabby.Linux
August 3rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Im Sure that this was you linking the Appearance screen on startup. You usually do this while playing around with Plymouth Themes Styles Login Screens Splash Screens etc :)