PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Stuck on installing namebar applet in Ubuntu 10.04 netbook version

Andavane
August 2nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Because I can't use "add to panel in 10.04 netbook version I've been following the instructions here:

http://maketecheasier.com/13-ways-to-customize-ubuntu-netbook-remix-for-better-usability/2010/02/07

Applet gnome-namebar-applet_0.5-1~ppa1_all appears to have installed,
and doing sudo killall gnome-panel, however when I subsequently right-click on the panel, I get no "add to panel", on the menu.

I don't appear to have followed the instructions wrong. Help much appreciated.

uneba
August 4th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Same problem here...the panel does not respond when you right-click on it with the usual menu so there is no apparent way of adding any apllet (like system monitor or workspace switcher),not just the namebar.Is this a "feature" of UNR or something went wrong with our installation?

mikewhatever
August 4th, 2010, 05:41 PM
In UNR, the panel is covered by the Windows Picker applet, so that, when you right click, there is no Add to Panel dialog. The way around it is to temporarily remove the Windows Picker applet, add other applets, and then re-add the Windows Picker applet.

Andavane
August 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Same problem here...the panel does not respond when you right-click on it with the usual menu so there is no apparent way of adding any apllet (like system monitor or workspace switcher),not just the namebar.Is this a "feature" of UNR or something went wrong with our installation?
I think they're all like that... limiting, and rather annoying. People have solved it --- hope they read this thread!