PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hauppage HVR-1110-HD - No sound in TvTime & MythTV scan error

timscampi
August 1st, 2010, 01:00 AM
Hello everyone.
I've been searching a solution over the Internet for about 3 hours now so, I'm turning to you :)

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 x64.
I'd like to set up my tv tuner card (An Hauppage HVR-1110-HD. It's exactly the same as an HVR-1110.) under Ubuntu. So far, I can have image under TVtime, but I have no sound...
I tried to setup MythTV but every time I launch a channel scan in the backend, MythTV tells me it failed to open the card and can't scan.
I looked on the net but everything I find is for digital tv.
I want to watch analog tv (Well, the situation in Belgium is quite complicated regarding Digital TV... And expensive.)
From what I've read, it's impossible to get sound in TVTime for that card without routing the audio. (Which I don't know how to do...)
However, the card IS working in MythTV (From what I've read.)

Does someone have any clue or how-to to either get the sound working in TV time (I found a nox command, but it doesn't work and I don't know how to use Nox....) or get MythTV to scan for the channels ?

It's bothering me that I have to reboot and go in Windows to watch TV or play with one of my game consoles (They are hooked to the composite and S-video inputs of the card)