PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to install Chinese games in wine?

buzhidao
July 29th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Hello,
I want to install some windows games with chinese characters in ubuntu, the only solution I can find so far is to do it through wine, but after the game is installed, all characters turns into ? . :(

I have no problem to read any Chinese or other Asian documents in ubuntu, so I suppose it has something to do with the font lib in wine? Does anyone know how to solve this problem, or is it even possible to install a chinese version windows game in ubuntu?:confused:

Thanks

Cherie

asdfoo
July 31st, 2010, 01:55 AM
Hello,
I want to install some windows games with chinese characters in ubuntu, the only solution I can find so far is to do it through wine, but after the game is installed, all characters turns into ? . :(

I have no problem to read any Chinese or other Asian documents in ubuntu, so I suppose it has something to do with the font lib in wine? Does anyone know how to solve this problem, or is it even possible to install a chinese version windows game in ubuntu?:confused:

Thanks

Cherie

yes, chinese symbols may not exist... you can try installing corefonts?

winetricks corefonts

buzhidao
August 3rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reply, how can I install corefonts ?is it
sh winetricks corefonts

but I get

sh: Can't open winetricks

did I miss anything?

elmaz
August 4th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Hi,

You can press Alt + F2, type winetricks then enter, tick 'allfonts' and try again, hope this can help you.