PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Broadcom STA driver from live USB

TriBlox6432
July 26th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Okay, I have a Dell Mini 10v and no wireless. Ubuntu desktop is installed. I do not have any access to a wired connection. I inserted the live USB while I was already booted from my hard disk and went to pool>restricted>b>bcmwl. When I double click on the bcmwl-kernal-source_5.60.48.36+bdcom-0ubuntu3_i386.deb Package Installed pops up, but I get an error message saying "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: dkms"

What should I do to get my wireless working?

TriBlox6432
July 26th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Bump?

CoolJohnB
July 26th, 2010, 08:47 PM
With my Dell I loaded the drivers by going to System>Administration>Hardware Drivers it was listed there and installed automatically.

Hope it works for you.

TriBlox6432
July 26th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks, but that's only if you're connected to wired first. I have no access to the internet on that device at all.

bkratz
July 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks, but that's only if you're connected to wired first. I have no access to the internet on that device at all.

See section 2.2 of the first half of this thread, perhaps it will help

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1368699

JustinR
July 26th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Hi,

You first need to install these packages from 'Pool > Main':

DKMS
Patch
Fakeroot

Then try to install the wireless driver.

If you created the Live USB through Ubuntu startup disk creator then this will not work - the Live USB uses a different directory structure.

If you actually went through the install process on the USB stick then is should go fine.