PDA

View Full Version : Mythbuntu 10.04 finds some channels only

Canntica
July 23rd, 2010, 04:59 AM
I have scanned for free-to-air channels (in Australia) and have come up with ABC, SBS and channel 31. However, chennels 7, 9 and 10 are missing.

Any suggestions on how to get all the channels working?

ozybushwalker
July 25th, 2010, 04:13 AM
When you do a channel scan take note of which channels are reported. Are the appropriate digital channels for 7, 9 and 10 reported? (The channel will depend on your location.)

I had unexpected channel scan results in my configuration. I had my mythbuntu RF input connected to RF output of the DVD player and the TV aerial was connected to the DVD player. I had to do a number of channel scans before I could watch ABC but didn't have any problem with other channels.

Now I have two tuner cards. TV aerial is connected to RF input on card one, card 1 RF output is connected to RF input on card 2. A channel scan on card 2 reports the same channels as the scan on card 1 EXCEPT no ABC on card 2. I plan to look into this further, but its not a big issue now since I can get ABC on card 1. If I recall correctly, the channel scan on card 2 reported the ABC channels but I need to look at this again to be sure. I suspect that the ABC signal is "marginal" when its downstream of another device.