PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] using one click to open apps

rburkartjo
July 18th, 2010, 06:55 PM
been using mint for awhile and just went to ubuntu 10.4 (used other versions for years). stupid question but where is the option to open folders and apps with one click instead of two. cant seem to find it/tks

howefield
July 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Try opening Nautilus and go to Edit > Preferences > Behaviour Tab and place a check against Single click to open items.

rburkartjo
July 18th, 2010, 07:17 PM
how, dont show an nautilus app there that is why i started this thread weird. i know i have nautilus conf tool there and one for scripts but can find what you said to look for

Nesaskewatch
July 18th, 2010, 07:22 PM
sudo nautilus

Select edit>preferences. Go from there.

Rubi1200
July 18th, 2010, 07:24 PM
sudo nautilusSelect edit>preferences. Go from there.

There is absolutely no need to run Nautilus as root for this!!!

Go to Places > Home Folder > Edit > Preferences > Behavior and change from double to single click to open files and folders.

gandaran
July 18th, 2010, 07:25 PM
how, dont show an nautilus app there that is why i started this thread weird. i know i have nautilus conf tool there and one for scripts but can find what you said to look for
nautilus is your file browser.

-kg-
July 18th, 2010, 07:33 PM
nautilus is your file browser.

Exactly. On the top left panel, click "Places". You can click on any location for this operation. What you launch is the Nautilus file browser. From the top menu, click "Edit," then "Preferences" at the bottom of the list.

You will then be presented with a Window with tabs at the top. The second one from the left is "Behaviour". On that tab, click the radio button beside "Single Click To Open Items" and it will be done.

rburkartjo
July 18th, 2010, 07:38 PM
tks gan and kg. kg did what you said and worked like a charm

new__buntu
July 18th, 2010, 08:04 PM
There is absolutely no need to run Nautilus as root for this!!!

and while we're at it let's point out the nautilus is a graphical app, and therefore gksudo should be used instead of sudo.

Rubi1200
July 18th, 2010, 08:07 PM
and while we're at it let's point out the nautilus is a graphical app, and therefore gksudo should be used instead of sudo.

+1

AlphaLexman
July 18th, 2010, 09:07 PM
And,

xdm-open filename.ext
will open the file with the default application from the CLI!

A handy alias:

alias click='xdg-open'