PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Mythbuntu streams to one Monitor?

adamecook
July 14th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Multiple Mythbuntu streams to one Monitor?
OK, I am considered not only a new Unbuntu user, but a new MythTV user as well.

Issue:
We use Mythbuntu at work to ingest news programs, and I need a way to monitor the live video feeds from 3 different Mythbuntu boxes ingesting 2 channels a piece (6 channels total) over our internal network for display on ONE monitor, so that a loss of video feed triggers an alarm.

Question:
Is there a software application or internal Mythbuntu setting, that will stream the live feed from both tuners to a monitoring system?

Additional Information:
I am currently trying to use CyeWeb 2.2 from NovoSun to create the multiple live feed environment, but still have no valid way to tie in the MythTV feed.

Thanks for any and all insight I can get!!!

Mythbuntunoob

tgm4883
July 14th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but it doesn't sound like MythTV is the right answer for you.

adamecook
July 14th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I simply (or maybe not so simply) need to be able to monitor the live feeds from my 6 tuners at one time, using one interface, instead of going through and checking the 6 feeds individually once an hour.

tgm4883
July 14th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I'm not sure if it will help or not, but have you taken a look at http://www.zoneminder.com/

adamecook
July 14th, 2010, 10:25 PM
This looks like a similar application to what I am using now, although I am wary about the stated purposes being for CCTV. I know that a video feed is a video feed, and a long as I can get Mythbuntu to stream it, I should be able to capture it using this type of application, but how do I get MythTV to stream the live feed?

Thanks for your help!

nickrout
July 16th, 2010, 08:59 AM
mythtv is not the solution for you. You can get two streams via PIP but no more.

But it is open source, you could look at the PIP code and adapt it?

adamecook
July 16th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for your input, all. I was just informed that our project was picked up, so I have been authorized to pick up 300 channels recording 24H/day. MythTV was a good stepping stone, but it looks like I need to design a whole new system.

LowSky
July 16th, 2010, 03:46 PM
300 channels, what the heck are you monitoring?

You really need something a bit more industrial

itlarson
July 16th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Couldn't he run six instances of the frontend, each with it's interface size set to 1/6 of his monitor?