PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ipod invisible + virtual windoz doesn't work either

HtaySigh
July 14th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Windows fails at installing on my computer, but not my VIRTUAL computer. However, even this seemingly harmless form of windows is still causing me intense anxiety because for some reason iTunes instagibs as soon as I open it. Also, every linux music player cannot see my ipod (I guess this is to be expect from what I hear)... any help for me? Has no one made the iPod touch work with ubuntu 10.4 (my impression)?

edit: semiseriously, can I donate money to whoever is trying to crack apple's digital media security?

Tech2077
July 14th, 2010, 12:08 AM
all versions up to firmware 3.2 and ipod 3g work perfectly on rhythmbox and nautilus, can you explain more on the problem.

HtaySigh
July 14th, 2010, 06:30 AM
all versions up to firmware 3.2 and ipod 3g work perfectly on rhythmbox and nautilus, can you explain more on the problem.

Looks like I've got 2.2.1 on this but yeah basically I open rhythmbox and no ipod anywhere. It's checked off under edit > drivers or whatever. I tried Amarok and gtkpod too. Nautilus is just a file browser to use it as an external hard drive right?

p.s. also invisible in the sense that it poofs onto my desktop and just as quickly (couple seconds) poofs away when I plug it in

pss rythmbox gives an error about temp.tmp under "Import"

stallinux
August 18th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Similar problem here. Suddenly, about three days ago (15 august 2011), on both my computers (Ubuntu 11.04, 32 bit) from one day to the next, the iPod (Video, 1st gen, running Rockbox) is invisible. Must have been an update in Ubuntu because on a W(666)os computer it is still visible. In Ubuntu not even in the /media directory.

phuongdt3
August 19th, 2011, 04:35 AM
hello,i having semilar problem,thanks for thread