PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] SYNC ARCHOS5 with Amarok

jack frost
July 11th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I am trying to get Amarok to see my Archos5 device. Rhytmbox sees the device fine; but I want to try and use Amarok to sync playlist. I can do it with Songbird inside Win7 virtual but trying to avoid having to use windows. The linux version of songbird does not support mtp from what I have seen. I also tried to use p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } /media/ARCHOS5/Music) but Amarok crashes with that mount command.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

jack frost
July 14th, 2010, 07:02 AM
I am trying to get Amarok to see my Archos5 device. Rhytmbox sees the device fine; but I want to try and use Amarok to sync playlist. I can do it with Songbird inside Win7 virtual but trying to avoid having to use windows. The linux version of songbird does not support mtp from what I have seen. I also tried to use p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } /media/ARCHOS5/Music) but Amarok crashes with that mount command.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

i marked it solved... even though I settled with just using media monkey inside windows 7 virtual machine.. Media Monkey is the best show far with no issues on syncing the archos..

Basically just:
- checked all my playlists under the auto-sync list playlist tab
- checked "Delete tracks... " under auto-sync options (and check confirm deletion)
- Removed all auto-conversion rules

- Device config tab; Sync tracks to: \Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track:2> <Title>
check "Copy Playlists", under options check "Library Playlists"; Destination directory: \Playlists\
check "Use only the first Genre... "
check "Use only the first value... "

got this info. from:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=38134